Where the application is to establish a branch company in Ethiopia, the applicant is required to submit the following documents.
- Legal certificate of incorporation in the country of origin;
- Notarized document of the memorandum and articles of association;
- A decision stating the organizations’ intent to invest in Ethiopia, together with the amount of capital allocated for the purpose; and
- A copy of the document attesting appointment of the branch manager and his two recent passport size photographs and copy of bio-pages of valid passport or identity card of manager
- documents originating from outside of Ethiopia must be authenticated by the foreign and domestic bodies authorized to authenticate documents.
Up on filling the investment application form, the investment permit and company registration certificate shall be issued.
There are two major registration requirements. The first is the minimum capital requirement. The minimum capital requirement of a foreign investor is USD$200,000 per project. The minimum entry capital required of a foreign investor investing in areas of architectural, engineering works or related technical consultancy services, technical testing and analysis and publishing works is USD$100,000.
You may contact our Law Office for additional advises and processing of you investment licences in Ethiopia.